History of Dater House
Dater House was built in 1798 by a man named Philip Dater. Dater served in the war of 1812 and is remembered by a New York State Historical marker located in front of the house. After Philip Dater died during the 20th century, the house was a home to many families. Some for a short time, others for decades.
History of Dater House Antiques
In 1997 the current family, Scott and Cindy Johnson, purchased the home and restored it into the condition it is today. Located in the summer kitchen of the house is a small antique shop known as Dater House Antiques and is singly owned by Cindy Johnson. A specialty shop offering hand chosen authentic country & primitive antiques. Her shop is open year round with a pellet stove heating the shop during the winter months. She has developed and seen the business grow since 1999.
Dater House was featured in a Primitive Place Magazine in 2017.